Friday, October 24, 2008

Sewer Burps

Coprophagia. Two of my three dogs indulge in this behavior, the lovely act of snacking on poop. Fortunately, Tuesday is a picky eater and sticks to kibble. But apparently her output is exquisite in texture and taste, because Map and Jack love to have backyard taste testings.

I have not had much luck in my half-hearted attempts at discouraging them from this behavior. A vet friend told me to feed them charcoal flavored biscuits, as the charcoal would make the poo unpalatable. Not so much. Least not at my house. Carra says sprinkle MSG on their food, it'll have the same effect as the charcoal. In this day of health and fitness, no one sells MSG anymore! What to do, what to do?

For now, I just yell at them, "Poop is NOT a snack!" which works about as well as charcoal biscuits. They just look up guiltily and gobble the poop down faster, before I can get it away from them.

Wednesday night, Jack and I were having our traditional evening cuddle session on the big purple chair. I was patting him on the back when he turned to look at me and then burped in my face. Yeah, you guessed it: poopy burp!!! OMG, it was like a stagnant cloud wafting from an open sewer!!! I was laugh-gagging, so funny yet so very disgusting!

All I can say is that there is never a dull moment with my dogs. Or a clean scented one, for that matter!


I like poop!

No comments: