Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Puppies!!!

Tuesday is a grandma and I am completely insane!

Tuesday is one of my three Pembroke Welsh Corgis, and she had one litter of puppies. She didn't much care for the routine and found a clever, life threatening way of getting out of having more: pyometra (closed uterine infection). Yup, it nearly killed her, but it totally got her out of ever having to birth babies again!

Her daughter Bangle was not so lucky and had her first litter yesterday. It was four pups, two girls and two boys. So Tuesday is a grandma at the ripe old age of 5. That's impressive even by local redneck standards!

Where my insanity comes in is that I am getting a puppy. Yeah, apparently 3 is not enough. I've gotten into the dog show society over the past few years and I quite enjoy it. Mostly because I take it very lightly and look at everything with the slant of my own personal entertainment value. I can make anything funny. It might not be funny to anyone else, but hey, I am easily amused.

I hate going to all these shows and not having anything to show. Hence dog #4. You know, because I don't have enough fur on the floor already. (Just in case you didn't know, corgis shed like a nightmare!)

Carra, my breeder buddy and close friend, has 14 puppies and I get one of them. It'll be awhile before they're at a stage where we can pick which one I get, as right now they just look like large hamsters. We'll see if I come to my senses by the time it's puppy pickin' time. Vegas odds are not in my favor.

Here's a look at the newest babies and their mamma!



No comments: