Friday, October 31, 2008

Eeeew, bandage!

That is one of my favorite lines from Family Guy--it's from an episode when Stewie is having swimming lessons, sinks to the bottom of the pool and sees a nasty, floating band-aid wafting dangerously close to him in the current. ICK!!!

For whatever reason, other peoples' misplaced bandages gives me the willies.

I've noticed a disturbingly large number of such bandages on the sidewalks lately. The jaunt from my car to the office is almost a mile. I've seen as many as 3 grimy band-aids adhered to the sidewalk on a single walk.

Eeeew.

This week, by the sports medicine clinic, there was a monstrously huge bandage on the sidewalk. (Gag!) Wednesday night it was kind of up near the corner, lying on its back back with the adhesive side up. The thought of having stepped on this and tracking someone else's used band-aid into my house gave me nightmares. I would simply have to throw the shoes away. Bad shiver.

When I walked in Thursday, the lost bandage had made its way half a block east. I felt compelled to take a picture so you too can join in the horrifying sensation of what I can potentially encounter on my walks. You know I've got to be dedicated to improving my health if I keep walking in spite of being confronted by stuff like this:

This is a double-wide band-aid--how do you not notice this thing flapping prior to falling off? EEEEW!!!

No comments: