Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ice Cream Thief!!!

Our traditional lunch group went to Jason's Deli not too long ago. I was in the mood for a giant salad bar salad, the weather was gorgeous and it was worth the hike. The scary part is crossing West End. Nashville is not known for its sane drivers, and this is 6 lanes of vehicular torture for pedestrians. Yikes.

We were standing on the corner waiting for the walk light and this woman nearby was just irritating me. She reminded me of this middle aged woman I used to ride the shuttle bus with, who would always talk loudly (in a whiny voice) to her mother on her cell phone. No one cares what you had for breakfast or how thick the traffic was. Seriously.

Apparently we were irritating her too. There were four of us in our group and we cut in front of her as we neared the corner. So sorry. Jason's has two doors: one is for take out, one is for dining in. We went in the dining in door and annoying woman went in the take out door. She gave us all dirty looks as she tried to weasel her way into the dining area through the crowd in line. I didn't pay her much attention, but my friend Angela did. And she pointed out that the woman just swiped an ice cream cone!

Yes, the woman pushed her way past us, walked herself to the back of the restaurant, got a soft serve ice cream cone, turned and boldly walked out. Whaaaaa??? Premeditated frozen confection thievery!!!

Needless to say, I was stunned! Who steals ice cream from a salad bar joint? What was this woman thinking on her way over? You don't just randomly cross West End for the fun of it. She must have really wanted ice cream. Grainy, disgusting self-serve ice cream. Eeew. Is she cheap? Does she do it for the thrill? Yes, I may be naive, but it would never occur to me to do that. Plus I'd be nailed in a heartbeat before I could even skulk my way out of there. I'm not so good in the lying and stealing department. Might as well wear a sign.

You know what would really suck? If she went to Hell for this! Even worse than being in prison . . . what are you in for? Murder? Rape? Money Laundering? No. I swiped a free cone.

I hate when that happens.

No comments: