Friday, July 17, 2009

I'M NOT CRAZY!!!!


Hahahahahahahaa! I was sitting upstairs helping Angela with some computer stuff when I started thinking about this song. I told Angela it was about a guy and he's in a library and he meets Dracula and how did he leave? Immediately! Immediately, Immediate, L-Y! The song was from the Electric Company show on PBS from back in the 70s. I remembered it and my brother remembered it, but everyone else I mentioned it to gives me a look as though I'm nuts.

I get that a lot, actually.

I said to Angela that I doubted I'd get a lot of success in finding references this thing (to prove its existence) by Googling, "immediately." Not quite enough info.

However, I did Google Electric Company Songs and found a Wikipedia reference that mentioned the LY Song by Tom Lehrer! From there, I was able to find it on YouTube. Holy freakin' crap! (I'd use more flowery swear words, but I'm trying to keep this blog somewhat clean).

My memory wasn't completely accurate (one of the scenes was how did you cry in the library--quietly, quietly, quiet, LY), but it most definitely ended with the vampire scene. . .

You enter a very dark room
And sitting there in the gloom
is Drrrracula, now how do you say goodbye?
Immediately!
Immediately!
Immediate--LY!!

This actually exists! I am not crazy! At least when it comes to goofy songs from my childhood. And for five minutes it got the damned Green Bean Breakfast Time song out of my head. Awww, hell. It's back.

1 comment:

Debra Kay said...

Hi-I really DID visit your blog based on your post...LOL.

My favorite sesame street/muppet song is Munamama, but it's not as funny on Toddler Tunes because they don't show the cows singing "munamama" like they did on the Muppet Show.

The other oldie Toddler Tunes plays is the Counting Song (I play eight notes, one by one.......)

My parrot listens to toddler tunes and likes shiny things.