Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happiness is...

Well, Angela is back to work after her brief baby birthin' hiatus. My partner in goofing off and 5th grade boy humor is back!

One of the greatest joys in life for me is making someone shoot their beverage of choice out their nose through a well-timed joke. I shoot, I score!!! On Angela's first day back, no less!!!

I was waiting for my morning meeting with the boss. Angela asked RB if she could buy the iMac she took home for post baby work use from him. He made some quip about Apple head--where we have our computers in our head. Then we wouldn't need fancy computers.

I gazed off into space, pensively, then burst out laughing.

"What?" Angela asked.

"Oh, I just got one of those funny joke forward emails. In my head."

I suppose it has been awhile since she's been exposed to non-infant humor because it hit her just right that she blew the bottled water she had been swigging all over her desk. Kudos to her for getting most of the effluent into her garbage can.

Though we had fun at lunch while Angela was out, it just didn't have the same edge to it as when she is there. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to leave that cutie pie baby at home to come here (ick! ha ha!). However, I do enjoy our fun time together (she confessed selfishly) and the elevated level of raunchiness in our lunch discussions. Heh heh.

Yesterday morning, the stars aligned, I made a funny, and she spat water everywhere. All is good in the world. Happiness is.

2 comments:

squidsmom said...

Denise, I don't normally read the blogs of people (What?? As opposed to the blogs of say, an end table??) much less comment.

But you consistently make me laugh, and I am proud to count you as a friend.

Squidsmom

Fastlass said...

Happiness is....a nasal douche.
Hehe I said douche.