Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stay-Cation Day Three: gorgeous day

Another productive day, though in slightly different ways.

Today I headed out early (uh, 9:30 ish) to start spending my paycheck, ha ha. Weirdness, though. About halfway through my list, I got a weird blood sugar shake going on. I wrapped it up quickly after that, bought a candy bar and went to the car. I checked my sugar and it was 84. ?!? For me, that's probably the lowest I have ever recorded. It took a good 20 minutes for me to stop shaking (for my sugar to get up a little more normal), but I finally did.

I'm not sure what spawned that, as I didn't exercise this morning and I had yogurt, cereal and coffee for breakfast. Huh. I'll have to make note of it and see what happens. I have had a bs crash at work about that time of day, but only on days where I didn't have my yogurt for breakfast and when I skipped the bus to work (no eating, morning exercise).

I have to learn about myself and how my body is changing with the band thing.

Speaking of band thing, I met OHer DebbieJean for lunch today! She invited me a few weeks ago and I finally took some time off so we could meet in North Nashville during the week. We ended up talking for 2 hours and I had a fabulous time!

Photobucket

She's had her band awhile and been extremely successful with it! Plus she's kept off her weight for a few years, to boot. She's very inspiring and gives me strength to face my ongoing Bandster Hell. Almost 6 months and counting, but I can do it. Based on how Debbie looks and feels, it will so be worth the current struggle. She's fantastic and great fun to chat with. And she even reminds me of my cousin Jennifer R.

After lunch, more shopping. I picked up a small can of satin black paint and am about to hit the garage to paint an old cabinet I've had lying around. It'll be perfect for storing packages of dog treats and other small dog things. For now, I'll put new brushed nickel knobs on it, but I'd like to make some custom corgi butt ceramic knobs. One thing at a time for now.

I just have to figure out why the doors are stuck closed. We opened the thing to check inside not that long ago (when parents were helping me clean some stuff out) and it was fine then. Yesterday I nearly clocked myself in the head trying to open it. I am about to whip out ye olde crowbar and break my way into it. My guess is that there's a teeming family of mice in there and they were all holding it shut with all their might!

If you hear a girl scream in about 10 minutes, you'll know it was full of mice!

No comments: