Monday, September 28, 2009

Dear Diary...stay-cation day one

I just feel the need to write while my coffee brews. Not that I have anything important to say, though! HA!

For whatever reason, I had another dream about Matthew Gray Gubler, from Criminal Minds. The details are now foggy, but I was just following him around like a lost puppy, trying to impress him with my witty chatter. Yeah, not so much. Then my living alarm clock, Jack, woke me up. Since I'd like to actually get stuff DONE this week, I figured I should get up.

The weekend was my self-permitted lazy days. I spent Saturday with my parents and helping my dad with his new digital camera and his archaic computer. I did get to see a bunch of new old pictures of me as a baby. He got all of his 35 mm slides converted to jpegs. Since I hadn't seen these before, I swiped all the disks so I could have the pictures for myself.

I feel badly for my parents. I was one of THOSE babies. You know, the kind where people choke on their own vomit and go, "Oh. What a cute, uh, baby!" I had a ginormous, bald head that was funny shaped, several chins and spindly legs. WTF? At least I have nice hair now. Legs: slightly less spindly. Chins? No comment.

Photobucket

I have a little chub on here, but still have the massive head. I guess it had to be big to contain both my ego and my massive, super-smart brain, ha ha! Nice rattle!

Photobucket

Seeing the pictures of my mom with me as a baby has made me soften in my old age. It makes me think of Angela and Hank and how she feels about him. As much of a nut as my mother is, I suspect she felt the same love for me that Angela does for her baby.

Photobucket


This is one of my favorite pictures--me as a fresh hatchling on the bed with Daddy.

Photobucket

I'm pretty much face down in the bed with a chooch stuffed in my yapper. I'm thinking it's nothing short of miraculous that I didn't suffocate! Or end up dying of SIDS!

I haven't had a chance yet to transfer all the Vietnam pictures of my dad. (Jack gets all freaked out at the sound my MacBook's DVD drive makes, sheesh) He claims that the military insisted that if they had mustaches, they had to be handlebar mustaches. WTF? This sounds like a prank. Dude. Let's tell 'em they gotta be handlebars and see how many of them are dumb enough to grow 'em that way! Baahahahaa! He looks pretty damned funny with that Snidely Whiplash action going on. He's Italian, but in those old pictures, he looks like some kind of infidel. I took great pleasure in doing that jihad trill-shriek every time one of those pictures came up.

Sigh. When he got all his slides converted to jpegs, he put big stickers on the CDs. Yeah, if you don't put them on centered (and you leave in the middle part that isn't printed), DVD drives don't like them. How did you spend your week off? Peeling stickers off of CDs. Yay, me!

Infidel pictures will be in the next entry. Meh.

No comments: