Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reason I should be more organized

This morning, I was flipping through a massive pile of random papers looking for something. I found an envelope from my mortgage company. Impulsively, I opened the envelope and do you know what I found?

A check for $745. That expired 2 months ago.

Seriously. I cannot believe how disorganized I am! Of course now I know why my mortgage payment dropped $130 a month back in June (yeah, never got around to asking why that was). The check was for over funding of my escrow account. If I didn't cash the check in the alloted time, it would go back to my account. So between that and adjusting my escrow contributions each month, I got a nice discount on my monthly mortgage.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't find the check because odds are I'd have blown the money. Dog stuff. Going to shows. Going to Nationals. Buying shiny gadgets or a bicycle! Instead of doing something productive like paying bills, buying the new dryer I had to charge, or God forbid I could get new tires and a brake job for my car.

In this instance, all's well that ends well. But I'm still irked at myself. Plus, I still have to find that stupid medical bill I was looking for.

Someday. Someday I will get better organized. If I don't die trying.

No comments: