Sunday, March 22, 2009

Carra makes a funny!

Carra is best known for her long and circuitous tales.  Brevity is not her forte.  But she got me good this weekend!

We all ran by the Bernanders' vet clinic after a long day of dog showing, then dinner.  Carra needed to get meds for some dogs, and Mary Nell and Jordan were going to look at an English Setter puppy.

As Carra walked past the side of my car, she noted all the bird poop on the side.  I have no idea where I parked to get such a fecal assault, but there's a cascade of dried poo down the passenger side door.

Carra said, "You know what the white stuff is in bird poop?"

I said, "Uh, no."

Carra said, "More bird poop."

The matter-of-factly way she said it and the degree of seriousness pretty much made me fall over with laughter.  Classic!

I don't know what it is about the Caring Hands Animal Clinic that brings out the humor in her. That's the funniest thing she's said since we were there last time and she had her blonde moment.

In December, her puppies got a stomach bug.  One was ready to go home with his new family, but his belly ache had returned.  En route to a Corgi Crew trip to the movies, we stopped by the clinic to ask the vet what to do about his tummy ache.  Our vet is David Bernander and he's super smart, loves dogs like you wouldn't believe and is really great for those of us who show dogs because he does it himself.

So David asked her questions about when the pups were sick before and how she treated them.

Dr. B:  So what did you give them?
Carra:  Sulfadimethoxine.
Dr. B:  How much did you give them?
Carra:  150 milligrams.
Dr. B:  And when did you treat them?
Carra:  In the afternoons.

Kim and I nearly fell over laughing!  What he meant was 2 weeks ago? Last week?  Kim and I were on his wavelength, but Carra had, as she referred to it, a blonde moment.  I will never forget the look Kim had on her face, leaning against the doorframe, practically doubled over with laughter, wiping tears from beneath her glasses.

Carra tried to relay the story when we met our pal, Mary Nell, for lunch one day.  She shrugged and said, "I still don't understand.  He asked when, not how long ago!"  Oh Carra!

I just love Carra to bits!  She may have a blonde moment now and again, but she's got a huge heart and is a fantastic friend.  Yeah, I think I'll keep her.

No comments: