Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MINE! MINE! MINE!!!!

Today I made my very first purchase at eBay.  I won the auction for an original piece of art by Evie Anderson.  She does this whimsical corgi themed work that is amazing.  These dogs are clowns by nature and she captures that essence beautifully.

I bought a ton of her work (8 tiles, 2 keepsake boxes and 20 magnets) to donate to the kennel club as trophies for the classes at the Country Music Cluster last week, and the exhibitors LOVED them!  I was pleased that the woman I bought my first corgi from, Sally, got to pick and got a tile of a corgi standing on its hind legs, looking in the fridge for something to snack on.  She loved it and for her to express how impressed she was with the piece is sayin' something!

The dog show handler who won best of breed on Thursday cracked me up at her response to the keepsake box with "The Window," on it.  She said, "The big ol' queen who owns this dog is going to FREAK when he gets this!  Oh my God!  He has two girls who sit on the couch just like this looking out the window!!!"  

Tee hee, she said "big ol' queen!"

So Evie had two paintings up for auction on eBay and I fell in love with the "'Feed Me' Eyes," and had to own it.  Millie, my 6 month old, reminds me so much of that pup in the picture, down to the look on her face.  Plus when she was smaller, I held her just like that.

After three stressful days of waiting, a nail biting afternoon, and hitting the refresh button about 132059 times as the clock ticked down, I got the painting!  I'm so excited, as it's gonna be perfect in my study, which has walls similar in color to the painting.  

LOVE IT!  I'll post a picture of me holding it when I get it in my grimy little hands.  You'll know which one is me because of the look of joy on my face!

Thank you Evie for sharing your talent with us all--your work is BRILLIANT!!!

No comments: