Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holy Peony!

About 5 years ago, I planted a bulb-y thingie for a peony.  I expected it to just explode with growth and be busy and blooming immediately. Yeah, new homeowner and virgin gardener. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

Year after year, a thing would pop up in that spot.  I just figured it was a weed.  Until yesterday!  

I was out in the yard before Jane came over, when I realized that there was a FLOWER BUD on the plant and it actually IS my peony!

I guess all good things come to those who wait.  Of course now I have spring fever and can't do much about it because of the whole healing from surgery deal.  Meh.  I actually have done way too much today and am sure I'll pay for it in the long run.  But I am excited to be outside and hope my weight loss and improved health will give me the energy and stamina to be the gardener I've always wanted to be.

I'll get back to you on how that goes. : )

No comments: