Friday, February 6, 2009

Dazed and Confused


I took this picture last weekend at the WalMart parking lot on the west side of Nashville. Yes, they are seagulls.  In Nashville.  I am thinking they did not get the memo regarding we are a landlocked state!  I first started noticing seagulls near a mall in Antioch maybe 10 years ago.  Since then, I've seen them in several parking lots across the city.  I have no idea why they're here. Or why they frequent the mall.

We do have rivers (this parking lot is not far from a river, but I don't think there's any water near the mall in Antioch), but that's not quite up to par with the sea.  Trust me, I'm a water baby and I love the ocean.  

Honestly, I think they have migrated here just to confuse me. Conspiracy.  After 10 years of questioning my own sanity, I decided to stalk a flock and take some pictures for evidence. When I got just a bit closer (after taking this picture) they flew off in a windstorm of flapping wings and noisy squawks.  They all went over to Lowe's and started diving at vehicles in the equipment rental lot.  Freaky.  

Psssst.  Seagulls!  The ocean . . . go east!

No comments: